J1 vs Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo: Match Report

Despite Sugimoto, Kakitani, the 2 tops lined up, 3 goals loss in 2nd half by collapsing of defence. The first league victory has been postponed.

"Friday Night J League" a.k.a. the 2nd round of J1 League. With a help of many events happened outside of the pitch, despite weekday's evening kick-off, the attendance were over 10,000. There were many supporters from Sapporo behind the goal post too, the match Cerezo Osaka v Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo was held in the heat, and became a slugfest of competing goals in 1st and 2nd half.

On the bases of the opening match against Yokohama F Marinos that they struggled with executions and drawn, the manager Yoon and all the Cerezo men spoke about the importance of 'opening goal' in a breath. And the moment of the much-wanted goal came in 27th minute, it came out from right foot of Kenyu Sugimoto who's 1st goal of the season was much anticipated. Cerezo didn't miss the opportunity caused by Sapporo's goalkeeper, ex-Cerezo, Gu Sung-Yun's kick error, and linked from Hotaru Yamaguchi to Sugimoto, to Toshiyuki Takagi, then Sugiyama who received the cross from Takagi, kept the ball tenaciously, swung through it with his right foot and executed a goal.

After that, though there were some situations of struggle with dribbles by Koji Miyoshi and Yoshiaki Komai, Cerezo got over it and gained additional goal in the 43rd minute. Matej Jonjic and Kota Mizunuma sandwiched Jay Bothroyd and managed to steal the ball he just received, then Yoichiro Kakitani dribbled through into the penalty area. Kakitani made a back-heal to Takagi and he finished it precisely into the goal. As Takagi said 'it was a moment that I thought Yoichiro would give me the ball, so I trusted it and ran', it was a fantastic goal with great chemistry.

After the fantastic 1st half for Cerezo, they were expected to continue their domination, however into the 2nd half, the situation is turned over and they received severe attacks by Sapporo. Cerezo had high positioned defence line in the 1st half but it came down in 2nd half, and they were stuck in their own territory. Sapporo used wide breadth of the pitch, they dominated in numbers at sides, and threatened Cerezo with crosses. That made Cerezo's hesitation of pressing, it caused fouls, and gave opponent opportunities of set piece.

In 62nd, Chanathip scored by his header to Miyoshi's cross, then in 69th minute, just after Yoon Jung-Hwan sent Kazuya Yamamura to strengthen the defence, Komai made a cross to loose ball from free kick, and this time, Kazuki Fukai scored by his header and made them catch up to draw.

However, in 72nd minute, Cerezo showed fantastic counterattack and gain the 3rd goal. The ball that an opponent player lost by slipping on the pitch, was picked by Sousa, he linked it quickly to Sugimoto, then Kakitani made a direct shot to the returned ball from Sugimoto, and succeeded to taking lead back again. It seemed the first league victory of this season became just around corner, but in 79th minute, Sapporo scored from corner kick by a header again, and caught up again.

After that, until the end, both team tried hard to score another goal, but there was no 4th goal that would be the winning goal, and the match ended as a 3-3 draw.